The Asian Pacific Islander Coalition Advocating Together (APICAT) for Healthy Communities seeks a full-time Communication Health Education Coordinator to work with coalition and community partners to expand Together Our Voices – tailored youth media cannabis prevention campaign by engaging youth participation and involvement.
- Ability to conduct outreach and education to community and faith based organizations on topics related cannabis, tobacco and vaping prevention
- Ability to develop tailored media marketing campaign strategies for “Together Our Voices” targeting AANHPI youth and families with a focus on cannabis prevention
- Ability to engage AANHPI youth (14-18) participation in focus groups and campaign activities.
- Plan and coordinate focus groups and other community engagement sessions.
- Responsible for data collection and input, developing program reports and administrative duties related to the project.
- Ability to maintain APICAT’s project specific presence on social media sites that include Facebook, Instagram, and You Tube.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of work experience in health education, public health or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of health education and health promotion strategies.
- At least two years’ experience coordinating meetings, trainings and community engagement sessions.
- Must represent target community and have the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups from the Asian American and Pacific Islander community.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups from diverse cultural, ethnic and LGBTQ backgrounds.
- Demonstrates oral, written and presentation skills with strong organizational skills.
- Able to attend meetings and events in the evening and/or weekends.
- Must have technical proficiency in Google Docs, PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License (including access to insured vehicle) a must.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a thorough background investigation.